I am running solr 4.0 in a cloud. We have close to 100Mdocuments. The data
is from a single DB table. I use dih.
Our solrCloud has 3 zookeepers, one tomcat, 2 solr instances in same
tomcat. We have 8 GB Ram.

After indexing 14M, my indexing fails witht the below exception.

solr org.apache.lucene.index.MergePolicy$MergeException:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

I tried increasing the GC value to the App server

 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=80

But after giving the command, my indexing went drastically down. Its
was indexing only 15k documents for 20 minutes. Earlier it was 300k
for 20 min.

Any suggestions ?