: Can I expect the FieldCache of Lucene to return the correct values when
: working
: with TrieField with the precisionStep higher than 0. If not, what did I get
: wrong?

Yes -- the code for building FieldCaches from Trie fields is smart enough
to ensure that only the "real" original values are used to populate the
Cache

(See for example: FieldCache.NUMERIC_UTILS_INT_PARSER and the classes
linked to from it's javadocs...

https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_4_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/FieldCache.html#NUMERIC_UTILS_INT_PARSER
https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_4_0/core/org/apache/lucene/util/NumericUtils.html
https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_4_0/core/org/apache/lucene/document/IntField.html

(Solr's Trie fields are backed by the various numeric fields in lucene --
ie: solr:TrieIntField -> lucene:IntField.  the "Trie*" prefix is used in
solr because there already had classes named IntField, DoubleField, etc...
when the Trie based impls where added to lucene)

-Hoss