OK, found the source of the warnings.
hadoop-hdfs jar contains META-INF/services declaration with some service provider classes. The classes JBoss warns about are all inner classes. This an issue of JBoss - see https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-1401 - and seems to be resolved in version 8-alpha2. For what it's worth, these are just warnings and seem to not have any impact on actual class loading.