HI Chris,
You were right, "appl" was  matched to "application". So, I created a new
type without the stemmer.

New type:
<fieldType name="text_spell" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
             <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
                  <filter class="solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory"/>
            </analyzer>
            <analyzer type="query">
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1"

catenateWords="1"

catenateNumbers="1"

catenateAll="0"

preserveOriginal="1"/>
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
                  <filter class="solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory"/>
            </analyzer>

Which has a field:
<field name="spellText" type="text_spell" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" omitNorms="true" termVectors="false"
termPositions="false" termOffsets="false"/>

Which is a copyField:
    <copyField source="title" dest="spellText"/>
    <copyField source="description" dest="spellText"/>
    <copyField source="category" dest="spellText"/>
    <copyField source="brand" dest="spellText"/>
    <copyField source="subtitle" dest="spellText"/>

Although this is my problem now:
When I run this query:
http://SOLR_SERVER/solr/prodinfo/spell?q=delll&spellcheck=true&spellcheck.collate=true&spellcheck.build=true

I get this response:
<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">9</int>
</lst>
<str name="command">build</str>
<result name="response" numFound="0" start="0" maxScore="0.0"/>
<lst name="spellcheck">
<lst name="suggestions">
<bool name="correctlySpelled">false</bool>
</lst>
</lst>
</response>

It knows the term is incorrect, but I don't get any suggestions back. What
can be wrong here?

Thanks,
-Utkarsh

-Utkarsh