I don't think that should be a problem. Your custom RequestHandler
must call "reload". Note that a new instance of your request handler
will be created and inform will be called on it once reload happens
i.e. you won't be able to keep any state in the request handler across
core reloads.

You can also do this at a level above RequestHandler i.e. via a custom
CoreAdminHandler. See CoreAdminHandler.handleCustomAction()

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.