Im still clueless on where the issue could be. There is no much information
in the solr logs.

i had a running version of cloud in another server. I have copied the same
to this server, and started zookeeper, then ran teh below commands,

java -classpath .;solr-lib/* org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkCLI -cmd upconfig
-zkhost localhost:2181 -confdir solr-conf -confname solrconfindex

java -classpath .;solr-lib/* org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkCLI -cmd linkconfig
-zkhost 127.0.0.1:2181 -collection colindexer -confname solrconfindex
-solrhome ../tomcat1/solr1

After this, when i started tomcat, the first tomcat starts fine. When the
second tomcat is started, i get the above exception and it stops. Tehn the
first tomcat also shows teh same exception.