Yes, if a document with the same key exists, then the old document
will be deleted and replaced with the new document. You can also
partially update documents (we call it atomic updates) which reads the
old document from local index, updates it according to the request and
then replaces the old document with the new one.

See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Uploading+Data+with+Index+Handlers#UploadingDatawithIndexHandlers-UpdatingOnlyPartofaDocument

--
Regards,