Did you ever get to index that long before without hitting the deadlock?

There really isn't anything negative the patch could be introducing, other than
allowing for some more threads to possibly run at once. If I had to guess, I
would say its likely this patch fixes the deadlock issue and your seeing
another issue - which looks like the system cannot keep up with the requests or
something for some reason - perhaps due to some OS networking settings or
something (more guessing). Connection refused happens generally when there is
nothing listening on the port.

Do you see anything interesting change with the rest of the system? CPU usage
spikes or something like that?

Clamping down further on the overall number of threads night help (which would
require making something configurable). How many nodes are listed in zk under
live_nodes?

Mark

Sent from my iPhone