On Mon, 2013-09-09 at 13:16 +0200, Sandro Zbinden wrote:
> Is there a plan to add support for alphabetical facet sorting with non
> ASCII Characters ?

Not to my knowledge. I discussed an idea a year ago about handling it
with modified ICUCollatorKeys, but that solution does not work well with
the way Solr's current analysis-chain for field content works.

See the thread at
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Collator-based-facet-sorting-in-Solr-td4006934.html

We do Collator-based sorting of facet values locally with our custom
facet implementation, but it does the sorting after index-open instead
of using CollatorKeys and thus has quite a startup-time penalty.

- Toke Eskildsen, State and University Library, Denmark