Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:04 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Get the commit time of a document in Solr

So, now I want to know when that document becomes searchable or when it is
committed. I've the following scenario:

1) Indexing starts at say 9:00 AM - with the above additions to the
schema.xml I'll know the indexed time of each document I send to Solr via
the update handler. Say 9:01, 9:02 and so on ... lets say I send a document
for every second between 9 - 9:30 AM and it makes it 30*60 = 1800 docs
2) Now at 9:30 AM, I issue a hard commit and now I'll be able to search
these 1800 documents which is fine.
3) Now I want to know that I can search these 1800 documents only at >=9:30
AM but not < 9:30 AM as I did not do a hard commit before 9:30 AM.

In order to know that, is there a way in Solr rather than some application
keeping track of the documents it sends to Solr between any two commits. The
reason I'm asking is, if there are say two parallel processes indexing to
the same index and one process issues a commit - then whatever documents
process two indexed until that point of time would also be committed right ?
Now if I keep track of commit times in each process it doesn't reflect the
true commit times as they are inter-twined.

-----
Phani Chaitanya