On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Timothy Potter <thelabd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to add some information about core.properties and auto-discovery in
> Solr in Action and am at a loss for what to tell the reader is the purpose
> of this feature.

IMO, it was more a removal of unnecessary central configuration.
You previously had to list the core in solr.xml, and now you don't.
Cores should be fully self-describing so that it should be easy to
move them in the future just by moving the core directory (although
that may not yet work...)

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com