hello Users,

i have a requirement where my content should be search based upon time. For
example below is our content in our cms.
<entry start-date=1-sept-2013>
    Sept content : Honda is releasing the car this month
<entry>

<entry start-date=1-dec-2013>
    Dec content : Toyota is releasing the car this month
<entry>

On the website based upon time we display the content. On the solr side,
until now we were indexing all entries element in Solr in text field. Now
after we introduced time sensitive information in our cms, i need to know if
someone queries for word "Toyota" it should NOT come up in my search results
since that content is going live in dec.

The solr text field looks something like
<arr name="text">
    <str>Honda is releasing the car this month</str>
    <str>Toyota is releasing this month</str>
</arr>

is there a way we can search the text field or append any meta data to the
text field based on date.

i hope i have made the issue clear. i kind of don't agree with this kind of
practice but our requirement is pretty peculiar since we don't want to
reindex data again and again.