Using SOLR 4.4

I'm trying to index solr core using a csv file of around 1 million records.
To improve the performance, I've split the csv files into smaller sizes and
tried to  use csv update handler for each file to run in a separate thread.
The outcome was weird. The total count of Solr Documents doesn't match with
the total number of records in the csv files. But, when I run these in
sequential manner, the outcome is as expected.

So, the question is if it is a good option to run these csv files in
parallel? Does it even work?