I am trying to implement an auto suggest based on time decay function. I have
a separate index just to store auto suggest keywords.

I would be calculating the frequency over time rather than just calculating
just based on frequency alone.

I am thinking of using a database to perform the calculation and update the
SOLR index with the boost calculated based on time decay function. I am not
sure if there is a better way to do this...

I need to boost the terms based on the frequency over time,

Ex: when someone searches for 'apple' 10000 times during a iphone launch
(one particular day) shouldn't really make apple come up in the auto
suggestion always when someone types in the keyword 'a' rather it should
lose its popularity exponentially..

Anyone has any suggestions?