Hi Shawn,
I know that every node operates as a frontend. This is the way our cluster
currently run.

If I seperate the frontend from the nodes which hold the shards, I can let
him different amount of CPUs as RAM. (e.g. large amount of RAM to JVM,
because this server won't need the OS cache for reading the index, or more
CPUs because the merging process might be more CPU intensive).

Isn't it possible?