Hi All,

  I wanted to learn more about docValues. I did a fair google search but I
 didn't understand on the point that how do I use docvalues as column
fields.

How can we use this as column stride fields?

Right now, we are having fewer data in hbase, we are thinking to move it to
solr itself if we can use the docValue feature(adding columns dynamically).

I read an article in datastax about solr docValues.
In that, there is a field created which copies all the values of other
fields into a common "all" field. And then he searches only on that field.
i understand this part and we have same feature in my system. But I did not
understand why is docValue= true added to it? What is the advantage?

Schema of that is:

<field name="id" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="name" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="email" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

<field name="skype" type="string" indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
<field name="irc"  type="string" indexed="true"  stored="true"/>

<field name="twitter" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

<field name="all" type="string" docValues="true" indexed="true"
stored="false" multiValued="true"/>
 </fields>
 <defaultSearchField>name</defaultSearchField>

  <uniqueKey>id</uniqueKey>
  <copyField source="id" dest="all"/>
  <copyField source="email" dest="all"/>
  <copyField source="skype" dest="all"/>
  <copyField source="irc" dest="all"/>
  <copyField source="twitter" dest="all"/>
</schema>

Link :
http://www.datastax.com/docs/datastax_enterprise3.1/solutions/dse_search_load_data

Thanks