On 10/21/2013 03:46 AM, Toby Lazar wrote:
Thanks for confirming my fears.  I saw some presentations where I thought
this feature was used, but perhaps it was done performing multiple range
queries.

Probably. I had a look at implementing the feature (because it's something we rely on quite a bit), but decided against it. The solr implementation of faceting is hard to get my head around -- and launching multiple queries seems to outperform pivot queries anyway.

You can use a range query to determine the ranges (and their total counts), and then launch an extra query per range.