Hi Poornima,

  Your statement :   "It works fine with the chinese strings but not
working with product code or ISBN even though the fields are defined as
string" is confusing.

Did you mean that the product code and ISBN fields are of type text_Chinese?

Is it first or second:
<field name="product_code"* type="string" *indexed="true" stored="false"/>
or
<field name="product_code" type="text_chinese" indexed="true"
stored="false"/>

What do you refer to when you tell that it's not working? Unable to search?