Hi,
        I'd really appreciate if you could give me some help understanding how
to tune the document cache.
My thoughts:

        min values: max_results * max_concurrent_queries, as stated by
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCaching
                how can I estimate max_concurrent_queries?

        size:  I think there's a tension between dedicating memory to this
cache and reducing the java heap size so the OS can buffer more of the index on
disk
                probably I could try increasing this value if I see strong
benefits on the hit ratio (the documents returned are a small subset of all
docs)

                If I have enough RAM that the whole index fits in memory can I
just ignore this cache? (maybe just keep it just above the recommended min
values)

Matteo