Hi,

The block join feature introduced in Solr 4.5 is really helpful in solving
some of the issues in my project. I am able to get it working in simple
cases. However, I couldn't figure out how to use it in some more complex
cases and I could find very little reference about it.
1) how to return both parent documents fields  and child document fields in
same result (in Solrj )?
2) how to apply 'OR' to multiple child documents types (searching for
documents that meet conditions of either child document type 1 or child
document type2)?
3) if result/sort/facet fields coming from child documents, how to define
them in schema? What I can think about is to create a copyField for each
them in parent documents. Is there any better way?
4) is block join working for multiple child level such child, grandchild
documents etc?

Does anyone have had similar issues and would like to share your solutions?

Thanks,
Simon