I am working on a offline tagging capability to tag records with a
thesaurus dictionary of key concepts. I am able to use the update="add"
option using xml and json update calls for a field to update specific
document field information. Although if I run the same atomic update query
twice then the multivalued string fields start showing duplicate value in
the multivalued field.
e.g. for a field name as tag at the initial it was having copper, iron,
steel
After running the atomic update query with <field name="tag"
update="add">steel</field> I will get the tag field values as following:
copper, iron, steel, steel. (Thus steel get added twice).
I looked at RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory but it helps to remove token
duplicate not multivalued field duplicates. Is there any updateProcessor to
stop the incoming duplicate value from indexing ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Anupam