There's another use case for scaling the score. Suppose I want to compute a
custom score based on the weighted sum of:

- product(0.75, relevance score)
- product(0.25, value from another field)

For this to work, both fields must have values between 0-1, for example.
Toby's example using the scale function seems to work, but you have to use
fq to eliminate results with score=0. It seems this is somewhat expensive,
since the scaling can't be done until all results have been collected to
get the max score. Then, are the results resorted? I haven't looked
closely, yet.

Peter

Peter