I have a Solr Cloud setup with 220 million records.They are separated into 2
shards without any replica.I have not changed any caching and every setting
is a default one.In one case I have to return get top 50000 candidates form
the Solr. The response time approximately 50 seconds which is too high for
me.
How I can improve the response time.

PS:I can not increase the shard size.I know that sharding will help here but
I do not have that option.Also there will be only one master here and no
replica for now.