Any specific aspect of it? Load balancing, fail over, something else?

The basic multi-core/multi-collection setup is primitive, just list them
all in solr.xml. Or don't do that and use latest auto-discovery mechanism.

So, some details here will help to get a better answer.

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)