Thanks all for your valuable inputs.

I looked at suggested solutions and I too feel, a* custom update
processor*during indexing will be the best solution to handle the
content field by
changing the value and storing it in another value.

Do I only need to change the below request handler to intercept all
indexing documents to perform my custom analysis during indexing? Or do I
need to change any other request handler also?
 <requestHandler name="/update" class="solr.UpdateRequestHandler">

Thanks,
Dileepa