From: Abhijith Jain -X (abhijjai - DIGITAL-X INC at Cisco)
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:22 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Modify the querySearch to q=*:*

Hello,

I upgraded Solr to 4.4.0(previous Solr version was 3.5). After the full-import
was run on Solr 4.4.0 I could see the expected number of records by accessing
the URL  http://myhost:7983/collection1/select/?q=*.  But when I access my
application I can find partial number of records.

Later I found out that in Solr 4.4.0 query string is q=*:*. In Solr 3.5 it was
q=*\*. In Solr 4.4.0 when I modified the query q=*\* I got partial number of
records which is exactly the number of records I get when access my application
(Attached Solr snapshots). I think my default query is set to q=*:*.

I am trying to set the query to q=*:* permanently. I tried to set q=*:* in
SolrConfig.xml file as follows.

<requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.SearchHandler" default="true">

                <lst name="defaults">

                        <str name="echoParams">none</str>

                        <str name="q">*:*</str>

                </lst>

        </requestHandler>

But this didn’t help. Please advise how to change query to q=*:* in Solr 4.4.

Thanks

Abhi