We are building a system where there is a core for every user. There will
be many tens or perhaps ultimately hundreds of thousands or millions of
users. We do not need each of those users to have “warm” data in memory. In
fact doing so would consume lots of memory unnecessarily, for users that
might not have logged in in a long time.

So my question is, is the default behavior of Solr to try to keep all of
our cores warm, and if so, can we stop it? Also given the number of cores
that we will likely have is there anything else we should be keeping in
mind to maximize performance and minimize memory usage?