Thanks for your email.

Great, I will look at the WordDelimiterFactory. Just to make clear, I DON'T
want any other tokenizing on digits, specialchars, punctuations etc done
other than word delimiting on whitespace.

All I want for my first version is NO removal of punctuations/special
characters at indexing time and during search time i.e., input as-is and
search as-is (like a simple sql db?) . I was assuming this would be a
trivial case with SOLR and not sure what I am missing here.

thanks
Vulcanoid