>Could you please suggest some examples. There
> is no documentation on this.

You can find examples with this field types in solr codebase (like this
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/example/solr/collection1/conf/schema.xml?view=co&content-type=text%2Fplain
 )
You can find more details about solr field types here
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml or here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Field+Types+Included+with+Solr

>> <fieldType name="sint" class="solr.TrieIntField" sortMissingLast="true"
> omitNorms="true"/>

Yes, it seems like correct specification.

>Should it also have the sortMissingLast and
> omitNorms, because I want something that I can use for sorting?

Only "name" and "class" parameters are mandatory. But optional parameters can
also be useful for your field type. You can find what they actually mean here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Field+Type+Definitions+and+Properties