Hi Josip

that's quite weird, to my experience highlight is strict on string field
which needs a exact match, text fields should be fine.

I copy your schema definition and do a quick test in a new core, everything
is default from the tutorial, and the search component is
using solr.HighlightComponent .

search on searchable_text can highlight text, I copied your search url and
just change the host part, the input parameters are exactly the same,

result is attached.

Can you upload your complete solrconfig.xml and schema.xml?

On 18 December 2013 19:02, Josip Delic <j...@lugensa.com> wrote:

> Am 18.12.2013 09:55, schrieb Liu Bo:
>
>> hi Josip
>>

> hi liu,
>

>  for the 1 question we've done similar things: copying search field to a
>> text field. But highlighting is normally on specific fields such as tittle
>> depending on how the search content is displayed to the front end, you can
>> search on text and highlight on the field you wanted by specify hl.fl
>>
>> ref: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.fl
>>

> thats exactly what i'm doing in that pastebin:
>
> http://pastebin.com/13Uan0ZF
>
> I'm searing there for 'q=searchable_text:labore' this is present in 'text'
> and in the copyfield 'searchable_text' but it is not highlighted in 'text'
> (hl.fl=text)
>
> The same query is working if set 'q=text:labore' as you can see in
>
> http://pastebin.com/4CP8XKnr
>
> For 2 question i figured out that the PostingsSolrHighlighter "ellipsis"
> is not like i thought for adding "ellipsis" to start or/and end in
> highlighted text. It is instead used to combine multiple snippets together
> if snippets is > 1.
>
> cheers
>
> josip
>

>> On 17 December 2013 02:29, Josip Delic <j...@lugensa.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi @all,
>>>
>>> i am playing with the "PostingsSolrHighlighter". I'm running solr 4.6.0
>>> and my configuration is from here:
>>>
>>> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_6_0/solr-core/org/
>>> apache/solr/highlight/

--
All the best

Liu Bo
http://localhost:8080/solr/try/select?wt=json&fl=text&%2Cscore=&hl=true&hl.fl=text&q=%28searchable_text%3Alabore%29&rows=10&sort=score+desc&start=0

{
    "responseHeader": {
        "status": 0,
        "QTime": 36,
        "params": {
            "sort": "score desc",
            "fl": "text",
            "start": "0",
            ",score": "",
            "q": "(searchable_text:labore)",
            "hl.fl": "text",
            "wt": "json",
            "hl": "true",
            "rows": "10"
        }
    },
    "response": {
        "numFound": 3,
        "start": 0,
        "docs": [
            {
                "text": "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing
elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna
aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores
et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum
dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed
[...]
        ]
    },
    "highlighting": {
        "1": {
            "text": [
                " <em>labore</em> et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam