The error you were getting is a LinkageError so, simplifying, a class that
was available at compile time is not there at runtime (again, very
simplicistic definition because in this way this could be similar to a
ClassNotFoundException...and isn't).

Probably the class (and the jar) is there somewhere but what is wrong is
the classloader that owns that. That's the reason why I asked you the
content of lib folders...classes loaded in solr.home/lib have a different
classloader from classes / jars in tomcat libs (they have a parent / child
relationship).

Now, that is (moreless) theory...practictally and sincerely I don't know
why the error disappeared after a reboot (maybe because in W\\\ the
"restart" strategy is a well-known Panacea? :D )

Anyway, nice to hear that problem is solved.

Best,
Andrea