On 1/2/2014 9:48 AM, elmerfudd wrote:
*ok im really lost...
Im trying to set a custom updatehandler

<snip>

then trying to index a file - but the field wont change!

how come?

At a quick glance, it all looks right, but I could be completely wrong about that. I made my custom update chain the default, because it was the only way I could find to make it work with the dataimporter.

As a troubleshooting step, you should create a static logger object and put a logging call at the WARN level in your code just to see whether it's being called. Here's a code excerpt for this:

----

import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

public class myPlugin extends UpdateRequestProcessorFactory
{
  private final static Logger LOG = LoggerFactory
            .getLogger(myPlugin.class);

// snipped out your real code here.

  @Override
  public void processAdd(AddUpdateCommand cmd) throws IOException {
    LOG.warn("Logging statement to make sure it's being called.");

----

Just FYI - Java convention says your class should be named MyPlugin, not myPlugin. Either will work, but generally speaking identifiers that start with lowercase letters are variables, not class names.

Thanks,
Shawn