Hi,

  I'm planning to upgrade to Solr 4.6 to move from using Result Grouping to
CollapsingQParserPlugin. I'm currently using SolrCloud, couple of issues
with Result Grouping are :

1. Slow performance
2. Incorrect result count from ngroup

My understanding is that CollapsingQParserPlugin is aimed at addressing the
performance issue with Result Grouping. Based on the available
documentation, I'm not sure if CollapsingQParserPlugin addresses the result
count when the collapse field is spread across shards. The  Result Grouping
ngroup currently works if the groups are not distributed and confined to a
dedicated shard. Just wondering if this applies to CollapsingQParserPlugin
as well ? Will "<result name="response" *numFound="6"* start="0">" be
incorrect if the collapsed field is distributed ?

I'll really appreciate if someone can provide pointers on this.

Thanks,
Shamik