I have an environment where new collections are being added frequently (isolated per customer), and the backup is virtually guaranteed to be missing some of them.

As it stands, bringing up the restored/out-of-date instance results in thos collections being stuck in 'Recovering' state, because the cores don't exist on the resulting server. This can also be extended to the case of restoring a completely blank instance.

Is there any way to tell SolrCloud "Try recreating any missing cores for this collection based on where you know they should be located."

Or do I need to actually determine a list of cores (..._shardX_replicaY) and trigger the core creates myself, at which point I gather that it will start recovery for each of them?

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       nn...@neulinger.org
Neulinger Consulting                   (573) 612-1412