Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your response! It was very instructive. I knew some
performance tips to improve search and I configured a very low merge factor
(<mergeFactor>2</mergeFactor>) to boost search operations instead of
indexation ones. I haven't got a deep knowledge of internal Lucene behavior
in this case, but I thought that somehow an optimization operation may
rebuild the index checking and fixing corrupted segments, merging again
whatever it should merge, etc., and finally the "new" master index will be
a better index where to insert new data frequently.

One last question: do you think that this kind of scenario where I
continuously index and replicate data will corrupt the index? In the past I
developed a simple tool using a Lucene class to check the index and alert
me if it's corrupted or not, so if you think that this scenario is
dangerous maybe I can reuse that tool to prevent weird production
situations.

Best,

- Luis Cappa

--