On 2/8/2014 10:22 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> Can you share your solrconfig.xml file?  I may be able to confirm a
> couple of things I suspect, and depending on what's there, may be able
> to offer some ideas to help a little bit.  It's best if you use a file
> sharing site like dropbox - the list doesn't deal with attachments very
> well.  Sometimes they work, but most of the time they don't.

One additional idea:  Unless you know through actual testing that you
really do need a 20GB heap, try reducing it.  You have 100 million
documents, so perhaps you really do need a heap that big.

In addition to the solrconfig.xml, I would also be interested in knowing
what memory/GC tuning options you've used to start your java instance,
and I'd like to see a sampling of typical and worst-case query
parameters or URL strings.  I'd need to see all parameters and know
which request handler you used, so I can cross-reference with the config.

Thanks,
Shawn