Hi,

  I'm currently indexing a bunch of fields for a given document. For e.g.
let's assume there's a field called "rating". The rating field is not part
of the original document during index, so the value is blank. The field
gets updated by an external service when the document is rated by users.
The service makes a partial Solr update and sets the appropriate rating
value. But, when I re-index the same document, the rating fields get
over-written and reset to blank. I understand that an indexing in Solr is
delete and add, but is there a way to put a conditional indexing at the
field level, which will keep the value if its already present in the index
for a given id ?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shamik