Hi,

We have name searches on Solr for millions of documents. User may search like
"Morrison Dave" or other may search like "Morrison David".  What's the best way
to handle that both brings similar results. Adding Synonym is the option we are
using right.

But we may need to add around such 50,000+ synonyms for different names for
each specific name there can be couple of synonyms like for Richard, it can be
Rich, Rick, Richie etc.

Any experience adding so many synonyms or any other thoughts? Stemming may help
in few situations but not like Dave and David.

Thanks,
Susheel