hi Shawn,
Thanks for the reply,

Is there a way to optimize RAM or does  Solr does automatically. I have
multiple shards and i know i will be querying only 30% of shards most of
time! and i have 6 slaves. so dedicating more slave with 30% most used
shards .

Another question:
Is it advised to serve queries from master or only from slaves? or it
doesnt matter?

thanks
Abhishek

--