On 3/11/2014 11:48 PM, Davis Marques wrote:
> Just a quick announcement and request for guidance:
>
> I've developed an open source, Javascript client for Apache Solr. Its very
> easy to implement and can be configured to provide faceted search to an
> existing Solr index in just a few minutes. The source is available online
> here:
>
>   https://bitbucket.org/esrc/eaccpf-ajax
>
> I attempted to add a note about it into the Solr wiki, at
> https://wiki.apache.org/solr/IntegratingSolr, but was prevented by the
> system.  Is there some protocol for posting information to the wiki?

Just give us your username on the wiki and someone will get you added.
Note that it is case sensitive, at least when adding it to the
permission group.

This is a nice bit of work that you've done, but I'm sure you know that
it is inherently unsafe to use a javascript Solr client on a website
that is accessible to the Internet.  Exposing a Solr server directly to
the Internet is a bad idea.

Do you offer any documentation telling potential users how to configure
a proxy server to protect Solr?  It looks like the Solr server in your
online demo is protected by nginx.  I'm sure that building its
configuration was not a trivial task.

Thanks,
Shawn