Hello,

we have a Solr Cloud 4.7, but this question is also related with other
versions, because we have tested this in several installations.

We have a very big index ( more than 400K docs)  with big documents, but
in our queries we don't fetch the large fields in fl parameter. But, we
have seen that memory grows when we look for big documents because of the
Document Cache. This only happens in some queries we have to do, with
maybe more than 1000 docs in the response. We have set
enableLazyFieldLoading to true, so, we think that Document Cache should
grow more or less the same with all documents because we only fetch ID
field.

My question is: What does Solr exactly do when enableLazyFieldLoading is
set to true? Why does the size of the document have an influence in the
memory consumption?

Thanks in advance,

David Dávila Atienza
AEAT - Departamento de Informática Tributaria
Subdirección de Tecnologías de Análisis de la Información e Investigación
del Fraude
Teléfono: 917681160
Extensión: 30160