Joel,

   I had a discussion with you earlier related ngroup inconsistent number
when you suggested to use the composite id to make sure that identical
(ADSKDedup) fields are available in the same shard.

Here's the thread -->
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/SolrCloud-Result-Grouping-vs-CollapsingQParserPlugin-td4111331.html

After making that change, the number of results returned matched with the
numfound parameter. I'm using the same setup after I upgraded to Solr 4.7
and started using CollapsingQParserPlugin API.

I take a quick look at some of the ids, the composite ids look to be
correct. One thing I've noticed is that the difference in relevance and
number seems to be directly proportional to the number of documents in the
result.

I'll try to create a small set of documents in a local Solr cloud and see if
I can replicate the problem. In that way, it'll be probably easy for you to
look.

Regards,
Shamik