I see that the PDFBox library (which is what Tika uses for PDF files) has methods to manipulate individual pages:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6839787/reading-a-particular-page-from-a-pdf-document-using-pdfbox

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Ahmet Arslan
Sent: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:35 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: PDF Indexing

Hi Sujatha,

There is no built in mechanism. Prepare page documents outside of the solr.
http://searchhub.org/2012/02/14/indexing-with-solrj/

And you may want to save text content somewhere too. If you change something in index analysis/schema you need to reindex. If you save text data, you can skip extraction phase at least.

Ahmet