We don't do any soft commit. This is our hard commit setting.

<autoCommit>
       <maxTime>${solr.autoCommit.maxTime:600000}</maxTime>
       <maxDocs>100000</maxDocs>
       <openSearcher>true</openSearcher>
</autoCommit>

We use this update command:

 solr_command=$(cat<<EnD
time zcat --force $file2load | /usr/bin/curl --proxy "" --silent --show-error
--max-time 3600 \
"http://$solr_url/solr/$solr_core/update/csv?\
commit=false\
&separator=|\