From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerick...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:35 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Relevance/Rank

What kind of field is "Name"? Assuming it's string, you should be able to boost
it. Boosts are not relevant to filters (fq) clauses at all, where were you
trying to add the boost?

You need to provide significantly more information to get a more helpful
answer. You might review:

bq:  I am getting confused after going thru different sites.

You're in luck, the Solr Reference Guide
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Apache+Solr+Reference+Guide)
is becoming the collected source of information. Also, here's a sorely-needed
set of up-to-date info:
http://www.manning.com/grainger/, and Jack Krupansky is publishing an e-book
here: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JackKrupansky (this is the last link I
have, there may be more recent copies).

Best,
Erick

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM, EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI,
Automotive-Service-Solutions) <external.ravi.tamin...@us.bosch.com>
wrote:

> Hi  I am looking boosting to help if I can achieve the Rank equal to MS SQL
> Server.
>
> I have a query something like
>
> &fq=(SKU:123-87458) OR  Name:" 123-87458"
>
> I need to get the Exact Match as first in the results, In this case SKU. But
> also I can change to display Name in the List which is not exact match but
> match , the value can be find some where in the Name?
>
> In Simple I can Rank SKU as 1 and Name as 2 for some customer and some
> customer Rank Name as 1 and SKU as 2 in the results.
>
> Is this Possible , I tried Boosting but that it seems it is for Text, correct
> me if I am wrong on understanding and any example will be really appreciated.
> I am getting confused after going thru different sites.
>

> Thanks

  • Relevance/Rank EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)
    • Re: Releva... Erick Erickson
      • RE: Re... EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)
        • Re... Erick Erickson
          • ... Aman Tandon
            • ... Aman Tandon
              • ... Erick Erickson
                • ... Aman Tandon
                • ... EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)
                • ... Upayavira
    • Re: Releva... Shawn Heisey