Mikhail Khludnev wrote
> Hello,
>
> Score support is addressed at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5882.
>  Highlighting is another story. be aware of
> http://heliosearch.org/expand-block-join/ it might somehow useful for your
> problem.

Thx for the reply! My score question is answered with that.

I already tried expanding based on that exact article. With expanding I
might be able to search in parent, filter children and also return the
children based on the same filter query.
However this doesn't give me the most relevant child and certainly won't
allow me to use the boost of that child in the score of the parent document.
I am forced to search on child level as this allows me to use the unique
boost of the child to influence the score.

What I would need is to return snippet based on search in the parent, but
now snippets are based on the returning document.