Thanks Nicole. Leveraging dynamic field definitions is a great idea. Probably
work for me as I've a bunch of fields which are indexed as "String". Just
curious about the sharding, are you using Solr Cloud. I thought of taking
the dedicated shard / core route , but then, as using a composite key (for
dedup), managing dedicated core can cause issues at times.

As far as single field representation, thanks for validating my concern.
Probably its best to use when you've to address a multi-lingual search.