Hello,
        I have a weird relevancy requirement. We search news content hence
chronology is very important and also relevancy, although both are mutually
exclusive. For example, if the search terms are -  malaysia airline crash
blackbox - my requirements are as follows

docs containing all words should be on top, but the editorial also wants
them sorted reverse by chronological order without loosing relevancy. Why
?? If on day 1 there is an article about search for blackbox but on day 2
the blackbox is found and day 3 there is an article about blackbox being
unusable...from the user's standpoint it makes sense that we show most
recent content on top.

I already boost recency of docs with
boost=recip(ms(NOW/HOUR,displaydatetime),7.889e-10,1,1) i.e. increments of
3 months

However when I do the boost the chronology is messed up. I know relevancy
and sorting are mutually exclusive concepts. Is there any magic that we can
do in SOLR which can achieve both ???

Thanks,

Ravi Kiran bhaskar