Hi,
We have a requirement from one of our customers to provide search and analytics
on the upcoming Soccer World cup, given the sheer volume of tweet's that would
be generated at such an event I cannot imagine what would be required to store
this in solr.
It would be great if there can be some pointer's on the scale or hardware
required, number of shards that should be created etc. Some requirement,
All the tweets should be searchable (approximately 100million tweets/date  * 60
Days of event). All fields on tweets should be searchable/facet on numeric and
date fields. Facets would be run on TwitterId's (unique users), tweet created
on date, Location, Sentiment (some fields which we generate)

If anyone has attempted anything like this it would be helpful.
Regards,Rohit