Hi everyone,

I'm investigating migrating over to an HDFS-based Solr Cloud install.

We use Cloudera Manager here to maintain a few other clusters, so
maintaining our Solr cluster with it as well is attractive. However, just
from reading the documentation, it's not totally clear to me what
version(s) of Solr I can install and manage with Cloudera Manager. I saw in
one place in the documentation an indication that Cloudera Search uses 4.4,
but then elsewhere I see the opportunity to use custom versions, and
finally, one indication that Cloudera Manager uses the "latest version."

I'm wondering if anybody has experience with installing a fairly new
version of Solr, say 4.7 or 4.8, through Cloudera Manager.

Michael Della Bitta

Applications Developer

o: +1 646 532 3062

appinions inc.